Sunday, November 9, 2014

Downgrade To Skinned Knees, Please.



"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." 

Psalms 46:10

Be still.

The world is moving so quickly.

Where did the skinned knees on every kid go?
Weren't those "in" when I was their age?




They're on the "Flappy Bird"
But dont worry,
When you press restart
it will be as if the bird never flew.
you will get a "fresh" avatar.
So, don't worry.

My childhood is gone.
I spend my time deliberating College essays.


Maybe,
 I don't know what the hardest thing I've gone through is.

Maybe,
I don't know how to cram that much emotion into a limited amount of words.

Maybe,
I'm too out of date for an update.

Maybe,
I'd like a down grade instead.




To that field I knew for 8 1/2 years.
To the barn We were going to run away too.
To my tree house with no walls or roof, but it had carpet.
To a sliver dog that could climb trees.
To the milk carton boats I raced.
To birds that didn't clip their own wings.
To my kitten Beanie Baby.
To hot air balloons every New years.

It's not like you can put your childhood on your college application anyway.

They don't care that the barn, 
Is gone.

The field,
Well, a big white house is there now.

The silver dog,
is dead.

All the races,
were lost.

That kitten Beanie Baby,
was left on a plane.

That my tree house,
was ripped out. down to the last root.

As for the hot air balloons,
 they never made it more than a few feet before all hope was lost.
and they were brought down.



5 comments:

  1. Really this is so good.

    "It's not like you can put your childhood on your college application anyway."
    so true,
    and this was really well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the bolded message.
    I like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " I don't know what the hardest thing I've gone through is.

    Maybe,
    I don't know how to cram that much emotion into a limited amount of words."

    Sometimes words just can't describe those times.
    This post was awesome I also loved the part about college applications and childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah that last part though. It's powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading this while my kids are playing way too loud right next to me.

    I'm sad and happy for them and for you and even for me. But my poor parents.

    ReplyDelete

Pages