Sunday, September 28, 2014

Jump

Girls start to dance
and you can't help but wonder,
will this just fizzle out?

but it doesn't matter.

because,

TONIGHT. . .

He leads you down a dead-end corridor.
as you continue onward
with that same intense voice your mother said
was from God himself.

although you are feeling low,
This "one way" "dead-end" corridor is,
poisoned.
Too much carbon monoxide.  
from the heavy breathes of the walls
lined with ready to fire prison guards.

Yet,
despite the lack of windows
and absence of light,
You know you can jump,
to a bubble of quiet fresh air,
that is just 
on the other side of this cinder block wall.

Jump 
and drift to a place where your work speaks for itself.

TONIGHT.

Take that leap.
and because he is "kind" enough to lead you nowhere. . .
leave his grimy palms for the dust to consume.

Lets think about that.
and then,
I will meet you in our soapy bubble,
that need no words to keep it afloat.

Please.
I have my face pressed to the cement.
But
I need our silence to carry you and I,
away.

TONIGHT!

With you. . .

My dearest friend
who has not only carried my books,
but the heavy bricks I find along this path
that is. . .
going. . .
NOWHERE.

1 comment:

Pages