Sunday, December 14, 2014

I remember you broke our promise.

I remember the first jump I took to save you.
I remember icy water stabbing my soul.
I remember swimming with your 'close to dead' heart in my arms.

I remember you asked me why. 

I remember my weakness's dragged us underneath at least seven times.
I remember the sound of our lungs heaving for life when we surfaced.
I remember your eyes never left the sky.

I remember your arms reached to God and asked him why.

I remember your face when we made it to shore.
I remember the first breath you took increased the color in your face almost instantly.
I remember the first shape your lips made was thank you.
and the second was goodbye. 

I remember you began to walk away from my limp body and I asked you why.


I remember your eyebrows furrowed in annoyance for my lack of strength.
I remember you offered me your hand and then pulled it away before I could grab it.
I remember I got up two days later.

I remember my lips stayed blue for a long time after that and everyone always asked me why.


I remember when I caught up to you, we swore never to go back to that deathly lake.

I remember you were alive inside and out.

I remember you forgot that promise we made just three weeks later.

I remember watching you go back to that place and God asked you why. 


I remember I forgot to take the second jump.
I remember you're still floating and freezing in that lake.
I remember you asked me to go away.

I remember asking you why.

I remember it's rained  4/7 days since then.
I remember you never cried.
I remember that every day it rained I did.

I remember you felt them fall on your cheeks. 

and you're still asking me why.

"Why do you cry?"

"Don't you remember?"


It's because..
 You wont.
Thats why.





2 comments:

Pages